Wednesday 17 November 2010

A Critique On My Own Blog

After all the effort of writing daily, I thought it would make sense to perform some kind of analytics to my own blog to get to know a bit more about my readers.

I started collecting data 3 months ago today to arrive with this overview below.



  • Hong Kong is naturally where I would expect to see most of my pageviews come from, so that's a no brainer.
  • My readers are sprawled in 10 different countries (I am quite sure there's a 11th: Blogger is banned in mainland China unfortunately).
  • An average of 33.3 page views per day (not enough to attract Google adsense but more than I imagined).
  • Interesting to see Firefox (45%) has overtaken Internet Explorer (28%) in becoming the most popular browser based on the statistics.
  • 16% of my readers uses Apple's products, but not all of them uses Safari when browsing (only contributing 9% in total).   
  • Surprised not to see any Android users captured here as according to Gartner's research, Android is now the second most popular smartphone OS.

In theory, if done properly, the analytics should help me buy the right keywords, target the best markets, engage with my readers more and hopefully convert some ad dollars to my pocket.

Well,
that could be my next project to work on in the not too distant future.  For now, let's say we review the same set of data in the next quarter - just for fun.  

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! (from one of the Firefox users)

Siufaye said...

Ad? Far far way to go. But it is possible. Keep it up. We are reading.