Monday 22 November 2010

A Friend's Worth


You know the people who, for some reason or other, welcome you into their lives?

Treasure them.

Make time to spend with them.

I really think it is those relationships that I will look back on with satisfaction when I get really old, dying perhaps, and begin to wonder what my life was worth.

Many of us spent far too much time thinking about how some material possession will improve our lives.  We forgot we have friends we can rely on.  And we certainly don’t need lots of relationships so driven by drama, that we often forget we have friends we can trust.  

An iPhone 4 would be nice, but try to enjoy things because they are useful, not because they are expensive. Friendships are priceless things - if you think you can buy friends, then you are totally off the point. 

Anyhow, a good friend is worth just about everything.  And you only really need a few good ones, you don't need that many.


1 comment:

Rimi Das said...

Having experienced some setbacks in life I can truly differentiate who are acquaintances and who are the few handfuls I can rely on .Loved reading this one :)Keep them coming