Monday 9 August 2010

You Want To Kill Those Silently Running Apps

After a week of fiddling with the iPhone 4's new iOS 4, the HD video, the retina display and the multitasking features - all of which I have had fun playing with, the battery life however, is the one thing that I moan about. 

Here's an important tip I want to share with all you users out there to get the most out of your battery life if you haven't already known.  

Certain apps consume a lot of power even when they are running silently in the background, say the Whatsapp, msn instant messenger, internet browsers etc and you want to minimize those. 

To kill those tasks, double tap the home button then find the bottom row icon and hold it for a second. You will then see all the running tasks which can be killed by tapping the "X" on top left corner.  You will be surprised how many just sit there waving at you!

I tried and that really did make a huge difference to my battery life. See what you think. 




No comments: