Friday 20 August 2010

Cool Pencil Sculptures

For most of us, pencil is just a tool used for drawing and scribbling and I bet many of you might not even have one easily within reach these days.  

I do.  Call me old-fashioned but I still quite enjoy the exercise of sharpening my pencils to my liking, certainly not to the extent of Artist Dalton Ghetti's work of art though  - which really amazes me. 





It took Dalton about 2.5 years to complete his best-known work, "Alphabet" above - a set of 26 pencils with each letter of the alphabet carved into the tip of the graphite.

A crooked brain he is, but aren't they cool or what?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL!! Thanks for sharing! 2.5 years!? I wonder if his eye sight got worse afterward. :P Also some other interesting pieces on the link you provided. Thanks!!
One may almost call me a pencil fetish! You can always find me sharpening my pencils, and yes, I still use lots of pencils on a daily base and I have a good old big mechanical sharpener with a handle! :)