Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Most Bizarre Parking Fine



Speeding is, without question - no excuse whatsoever.   

Say if you are late by 15 minutes in an hour parking limit, I think it's fair to give you a fine - law was broken and you deserve it.   

My friend got fined for parking rear to curb instead of front to curb (90 degree parking) in Sydney.

In any given circumstances, I would have thought it is much more dangerous reversing into any road than Back-in/Pull out forward facing the traffic isn't it?

Now, please can anyone explain to me in plain logic what is so wrong with that?  A fault that deserved a AUS$90 fine?  

When you figure out, let me know. I'm at the moment, as clueless as you are.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could it depend on which side of the road your friend park (on your driving side or the other side)?

More likely, the traffic attendant just needed to meet his quota for the month! ;)