Friday 13 August 2010

5 out of the 100 other things I did in Sydney (Part 2 of 5)

# 2  Sampled Gourmet Food & Drinks



I found the arrogance so frustrating in Australia's rugby players and cricketers has started to infect the food scene. 

Sydney to me, could well be the best place to eat in the world right now, and knows it.

To foreign tourist like me, eating at top-end restaurants, particularly around the harbour, is no longer extraordinarily good value (esp with the freakingly weak dollar).  But I would say it is still a lot cheaper than London or Hong Kong, and, culinarily speaking, more exciting.   

For that, thanks to an over-supply of excellent chefs, the outstanding quality of fresh produce and a proud multiculturalism down under.  

Dare not weigh myself, but I think I could have easily put on at least 1kg in the last 5 days since I've been here.  





No comments: