Wednesday 4 August 2010

My Digital Mom

It's no surprise the younger generation is forming strong attachment to electronic mobile devices these days - rather easily.  

We therefore have to be extra careful not to love gadgets like iPhone more than our mothers - that I am very cautious of. 

No matter how busy I am with work (or with social networking), I made sure no checking of messages from phones during my family meals.



When I got my IPhone 4 yesterday, I showed my 65-year old mother a few apps and with the interface being so intuitive, she had a go at navigating with the touch-screen technology, jumping in and out of the "Home" button on her own.  You should look at her face, it was like a kid with a new toy (my new toy actually)!

I don't love my phone more than my mother, but my mother certainly loves the phone more than I do.  

"Get me one of these", she said.   






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been contemplating getting iPad for my mom, but not sure how she'll take on to touch screen, swiping, safari vs her net book.