Monday 30 August 2010

I've Never Abandoned You

I have 2 TAG Heuer watches which I wear to work alternatively and they have been my reliable, down-to-earth servant of time for nearly a decade.  

Both of them have an end-of-battery-life indicator, which plays its role by instructing the second-hand jump in 4-second intervals rather than 1 whenever its battery runs low.  The time displayed, however, will usually remain accurate for a few weeks before it goes totally dead.  I think this is a really neat invention unique from the watch maker. 


It's written in their manual though, when we are leaving any of their quartz watches idle, we can actually prolong their battery life by unscrewing and pulling the crown out, which was what I did for the second TAG I have. 

Both of them decided to go on strike today, I have to blame them for causing a meeting delay I had!

Right.  Listen folks, I am mad at you and I have just decided I am not going to replace your batteries for now.  I am going back to my old mechanical friend, leaving you two to weep in jail boxes!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe ;) you are talking to your stuff again!! Make me think of Tony Leung in 重慶森林! ;)

(PS: I'm totally for this btw)