Friday 18 June 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane (1): My Sibling

One of the symptoms of aging, is you tend to reminisce the old days more and more. My sister and I have officially entered that phase of life as evidenced by the fact that we were able to laugh the night away, just by naming out the games we used to play.

My sister (3.5 years younger) has always been the bossy one.  It would come as no surprise that she had to be "Head-mistress" when we play "Teachers". I remember she enjoyed marking papers in red, giving out stingy scores and made us sit in front of her, while she ‘taught’ us subjects. (Not quite sure what the rest learned from her at the time though.)


Being a little bossy also have the tendency to bully anyone quieter, shorter, thinner and younger.  Inevitably that included every one of my cousins!

Just by way of an example, you wouldn't believe how she managed to paint my cousin's nails with a shocking red felt-tip; invented a barter-trade system so she could swap her tacky Barbie clothing with my cousin's more elegant nightgown version!

There was also this funny incident we recalled which further manifest this bully-ism.

There was once, my sis went to her room to quickly grab something in the dark.  The very same cousin (with shocking red nails), considerably switched on the ceiling lights for her.  My sis - being the bossy kind and a tad slow in response too, shouted no such need and so my cousin obediently switched off those lights for her. 

"Hey you, since it's on, leave it on!"  Without delay, my cousin switched those on again. 

I wish you could see the annoyed look on my sister!

To be fair, she was only about 6-7 years old at the time and to be square, it's about time I reveal some of my utterly scary ordeals as well. 


To be continued...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think you were a saint then. Will be following your blog for more juicy details about yourself.