Sunday 20 June 2010

A Trip Down Memory Lane (3): Teachers

I was listening to the radio this morning and they talked about how our teachers or mentors are being remembered.

I have had awesome teachers in my life, along with some clueless ones and teachers who simply drove us nuts. We spent hours upon hours with these hateful adults each week, and at the end of the day, most often than not, you will find the tough teachers are the ones we remember after years of throwing away our books.

I am sure for those with me in St.Stephen's days, you would have no trouble forgetting the legendary Miss N and her creative "open mind" blackboard drawings. 

For those in Rosemead, we had "Coleman the mustard" Maths teacher who would never lend us a smile but that was how we got our Matrices right.  

At the beginning of my career, I was lucky enough to be hired by "L" who was all so famous for her super demanding chore.  Working with her made me feel like the dumbest person in the world.  She turned out to be my mentor over the years, who nonetheless taught me a thing or two applicable in life such as,

"Winners MAKE things happen; Losers LET things happen."

All in all, these people have inspired fear and instilled tears in me but I just can't be more grateful to their existence in my life.

How should I go about showing gratitude to them?  Would they be in Facebook by any chance?  Might be worth digging though.





No comments: