Monday 21 June 2010

Aversion To Blue Food

Did you know out of all the colours in the spectrum, blue is an appetite suppressant?

Try staring at this photo for a while. 

Would you find that appealing or appalling?   

Blue food just doesn't exist in any significant quantity as a natural food colour. 

I know the first blue food that just landed on your mind is Blueberries.
Well, they aren't exactly blue unless you blend them into something white like a cream!  

The rear occurrence of blue food in nature explains why Pret A Manger has most of their kitchenware in the hue of blue, so that their staff can be more aware of any non-food items in their food preparation process.  

Want a double whammy in a hurry for the summer?  

Can I suggest you consider adding a little colour to your weight loss plan by placing your food on a blue plate?   Don't forget to add a few blue MnMs for garnishing, or even better - dye your food blue! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew about this long ago. And I still haven't introduced any Blues to my food. In fact, I make sure I have no Blue cutlery, crockery, even cups. See? A foodie will always remain a foodie, no matter how fat she has grown.

Anonymous said...

never realised!! but so oddly true now you mentioned it!! I did have blue jelly and blue slush puppie when I was young ;)