Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Untapped Potential

Growing up, I wasn’t a great student, athlete, musician or a great anything for that matter.  I have been good at a few things (eat and drink perhaps), stay average at a few and pretty crap at a whole bunch of others.

I see you nodding your head huh?

OK, that hurts, but at least I have the guts to admit it here. 


I was having this friendly bash with a friend today about parenting.  What would I know?   Clearly me with no kids is not the best to turn to for parenting advice.  I mean, I have only raised 2 dogs before and I accidentally killed a rabbit years ago!  


Yes, never gifted in that arena too, but I realised I do have a knack of remembering the constructive things that people taught me.  


Someone I respected dearly once taught me not to question, “how gifted I am” but rather, “how much of that gifted potential I am using”.  She said the amount of inherent potential you and I have is finite but how much of that potential we tap into is entirely optional. 


I couldn't quite get it then, but I do now.  And even better, I figured I have a role to play.

Sharing the positivity I encounter in life with as many as possible, bit by bit, in my own words, starts small - here in my blog - if that's considered alright with you people out there. 




 

No comments: