Sunday 20 February 2011

Patti Page's Greatest Hits


I wonder how many of my readers know who Patti Page is for a start.


I generally stay away from greatest hits compilations if I have all or most of the artist's albums.

For a singer like Patti Page though, who is now over 80 something, where we only have her cassette tapes, it makes sense to purchase a CD for a change!



For those of us who grew up listening to songs such as "How Much is That Doggie in the Window" and "Tennessee Waltz", you will notice that these songs don't sound quite the same as the originals you have heard so many thousand times when your parents played them.

I later found out Patti re-recorded them for this album, which is on the Columbia label (she was on the Mercury label when she had all those hits).


You know how some things can never be changed and when it did, it just doesn't feel quite the same any more?

This is one of those things.  Big mistake. 

No comments: