Friday 25 February 2011

Extending Trading Hours

My father was once a brilliant stock broker and I am guessing no matter how good he was, it must be hard work for him to explain what his career was to an 8-year old kid - who - hasn't got too much of a brain back then.




Adding to that inherent mystery of stocks and shares, his office hours seem rather mysteriously short to us as well: out at 9:00am, back home by 4:30pm, with an extremely long lunch hour in between.  So lengthy that he could drive and drop us off to school before heading back to his office and appeared at home with our afternoon tea - not much later!

I read from the news that starting from 7 March, 2011, the continuous trading session of the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing's securities market will be from 9:30am to 12:00 noon and then from 1:30pm until 4:00pm.  And a year later, trading times will be further extended to another 30 mins from 1:00pm instead of 1:30pm. 

Well, it is no longer relevant to my retired father, but if this were implemented years ago, then father couldn't have been our chauffeur
 and we wouldn't have had those memorable bonding hours between father and daughters. 


Those bonding days were fun, but trust me - back then whenever people asked what my father did then, I hadn't a clue!  

No comments: