Wednesday 2 February 2011

The Bunny In Its Simplest Form


Two black dots and a cross have been the shorthand for a rabbit - a bunny whose very simple features are every bit as familiar as Roger, Bugs, Peter or Thumper.

Chances are, even if you haven't read the books, I am sure you recognise her face. 

Every time you see her, it’s like running into an old friend and I thought I knew this bunny well but...I don't. 

Miffy has stayed pretty clean and simple in the last 55 years (huh, that long already?) and I bet many (myself included) thought she is Japanese, but no, she is Dutch!  How could you have missed that piece of clue - the orange outfit. 


And here's the ultimate discovery in time to welcome the year of the rabbit:

Miffy's Mom and Dad, being a little older, have an extra line on their crosses - that will be a wrinkle wouldn't it?


A fine example of simplicity at its best!


No comments: