Thursday 24 February 2011

The Thing About Shoe Laces

"One, two, buckle my shoe
Three, four, knock on the door"

Nearly every other day, I would bumped into people on the streets stepping on their own shoe laces.  I kid you not. 

I don't believe I walk with my head down, but I do have this ability to spot people with untied shoe laces and it bugs me so much that I would often walk over to that person and tell him/her about it.   Statistically, most of them would thank me.   

Not sure if you would agree, I think all laces have been cursed to be - liberated from their bonds to each other!   I certainly hope I have mastered at least one kind of shoe knot-tying so that I can claim to be able to tie my own.  And my way of making sure the two pieces stay together - is always a double knot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought it's:
One, two, buckle my shoe;
Three, four, shut the door;

Only after googling then I realized there are 2 versions out there. But shutting the door makes more sense right? After you buckled your shoes, you head out of the door and shut the door. Why would you knock on the door? *scratch head*