Saturday 20 February 2010

The Knitted Love

I learned to knit in the first year of secondary school and the first item that I knitted, like most people, was a scarf (full of holes), trashed the very next minute.  

I found learning to knit very difficult to master and remembered complaining to my mom when all of the stitches came off the needles. 

"How am I ever going to knit?" I said.

She told me to just sit quietly and find my own way of doing it (as if it was that easy!)
 
I have a great mom who can come up with hundreds of different knitting patterns in her head. She can practically produce a vest in a day, a long-sleeve pull-over in two, but that string of her genes certainly didn't reach me.   


Till this day, I remain totally hopeless in knitting, but I admire those who can.

I am also proud and glad to be wearing my mom's knitted wear.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Lam rocks!! ;)