Wednesday 3 February 2010

Charming Molecular Mixology

Chemistry just isn't a word that most people associate with cocktails.  I came across this years ago, I said I will go try many a times and finally, I experienced the thrill of it all tonight with a friend.  

 
Molecular Mixology is the term applied to the process of creating "edible cocktails" using the scientific techniques of molecular gastronomy.  

"It's about changing the texture, density or viscosity, the molecular structure of a liquid," says Hong Kong's most renowned mixologist Antonio Lai at FINDS.  

Tonight, I was honoured to have Antonio made us 3 of his spectacular signature drinks - A foamy Earl Grey Tea Martini with caviar pearls, bite-sized icy cubes made from mixing Bombay Sapphire with liquid Nitrogen and finally an adorable Godiva Liqueur Burst jelly to finish!

Man....I tell ya, my taste buds were in heaven and I can't be more thankful that they are. 


1 comment:

BY said...

I certainly enjoyed the night. It's a novelty and very interesting. An eye-opener indeed. Thanks to Antonio's concoction :-)