Thursday 18 February 2010

I used to play the piano...

There are literally millions of adults today who took piano lessons when they were young, but at some point down the path, all that accumulative hard work was forgone some way or the other. 

Over the years I have never heard anyone say "I'm glad I never learned to play the piano", but I have heard hundreds say something like "I sure wish I had paid more attention when I was a kid", or "I would love to get back to the piano some day."

I am definitely one of them.  

I sat in front of a piano tonight, couldn't recall any songs I used to memorise by heart.  I couldn't run my fingers on any scales nor arpeggios, which I used to pride myself in performing quite flawlessly.  

The most shameful thing was, I couldn't even demonstrate to a 3-year old kid how to play the world's easiest piano duet - The Chopsticks!

I should very much be ashamed of having attained grade 8 in pianoforte!


 

1 comment:

BY said...

Huh? You play the piano? Oh wow.... never knew that. You've gotta show me some day.

And how come this blog entry doesn't have a photo?