Friday 26 February 2010

Adieu

We have talked about the arrival of this day for many times, imagined and even rehearsed how it would all be like, and yet I refuse to admit you are finally heading out the door of the company today.

A decade is a pretty long time to be sitting next to someone in the same office.  If we are to take a 40-hour work week, makes it 50 weeks a year, 10 years turns out to be 20,000 hours!  This span of time can be hardship if things were petrifyingly dull but I am awfully glad that it was mostly exhilarating.  

I am very sure that we will forget lots of the nitty gritty details as time goes by, but I am also certain that only the best of the best would linger on in our minds.  

It has been my honour to be able to find a true friend in the office, and you and I know a large chunk of my life could not have been the same without you. 

Wishing you all the best. 



P.S. These were lovely.

2 comments:

BY said...

I feel you. It's not going to be easy initially. There will be withdrawal syndrome. But no worries... true friends can withstand the test of time and for both of you, I believe being physically apart is not going to affect this solid friendship that you have.

Your next important task now is to think of where to lunch on Tue when we drag her out all the way from T.W. to W.C. Make sure it's worth her while :-)

Anonymous said...

It's been a week. who you lunch with everyday?