Monday 5 September 2011

A Chat With Martini

One evening while imbibing cocktails, Martini questioned my monotonic admiration for Gin, and asked why I never lay eyes on Campari or Negroni.

"Little can go very wrong with Gin and T", I said, as it doesn't need the best ingredients to turn out a good tipple, nor does it want to be shaken or stirred. It requires no garnish either.

Boring as it might sound but to me - it is simplicity at its best.

Martini, on the contrary, is very delicate and needs to be handled with precision and care.  Real difficult for me to even think of calling Martini when in a place that one can only describe as - dubious.


Talking of which, Vermouth is another I wouldn't normally go near as it is fortified and live a rather short and miserable life. We have no way of telling how long that poor Vermouth has been sitting on that shelf crying.


A chat with Martini has made me realise: 
  1. I have basically come too far in my career to accept any substandard concoction
  2. I am in such an old age, I no longer feel shy in asking for a glass of water with each alcoholic beverage I order.

Thanks Martini and cheers to life's little finery! 

No comments: