Friday 16 September 2011

Blogging Is Graffiti With Punctuation?

I went to see the movie “Contagion.”  It was passable as disaster movies go but there was one thing that got me thinking and it really had nothing to do with the main plot.  It was about blogging.

In the movie, Jude Law was being told that blogging isn’t writing.  It is just "graffiti with punctuation".

Graffiti with Punctuation. 

I happen to love graffiti as they can be quite artistic and thought provoking.  And when I came to think of my own blog as a wall for me to scribble the often unconsolidated thoughts and an outlet for sharing my perspectives, may be there really is a certain resemblance with Graffiti.  

I don’t have a million hits a day on my blog like Jude’s character (I am lucky if I have a 100).  Nonetheless, I am not controversial and try not to rant.  I don’t gossip, spread rumours, nor do I accuse anyone of anything and I don’t curse on my blog.  Even if no one reads my blog, at least I know I have tried my best.  



As long as I am able to fling my pearls of wisdom and wish to make an impact of a positive kind on that giant planet we call - Earth, I think I am going to continue blogging - as often as I can manage.  


And you.  Yes you. Thanks for stopping by alampy's space every now and then too! 

No comments: