Wednesday 27 July 2011

When You Say Nothing At All

Do you ever wonder how you are perceived by others?  Or what kind of person that stranger across the room is like?

I have heard a few of my close friends comment that I have a knack for reading people and have been right most often than not (touch wood) in reading some poker faces.  How ever much I would love to admit I am a natural, the truth is - I really think anyone can do it.

I would say there's a lot to do with empathy though.   For some it is a matter of cues from body language and for others, it is an almost supernatural sense of what people are feeling.

People surrounding us are constantly telling us what they think even when they are not speaking.   Should we choose to pay more attention to how they feel via their behaviours, choices and reactions, we will get to read into it a lot more than their words can tell. 


If you want to know what people really think, or if you wish to read them like open books to you - pay attention to their true feelings written in their every nuance and expression.
  

Just allow yourself to go into familiar situations and environments with a totally different perspective. 


You will be quite amazed what you can discover - in most cases, the exercise will only be confirming traits you have already known.  


No comments: