Wednesday 13 July 2011

Do You Need A Bag?



I have noticed how many retailers these days will actually ask me if I want a bag.  And often it pulls me out of routine and I would say no.  I can see how that in itself would reduce a lot of bag disposal and create a positive change!

I also sometimes question some of the benefits of plastic bag reduction.

I reuse many of the plastic grocery bags in garbage containers or for other purposes, and when I cut down on them I find myself buying kitchen catchers (which are no better environmentally, possibly worse) instead.

Charging for plastic bags is just another tax on overtaxed consumers to me.  Lowering taxes for all the people in this country should be the number one priority of government and business. 


In general, cutting down is a good thing, but it's really just a side note on the environmental discussion.






No comments: