Thursday 2 June 2011

Hangover Sucks Big Time

Caught the box office big hit: Hangover Part 2 for a good laugh.  

Bits of the movie did ring some bells, definitely familiar, never that drastic on me - thank lord, but certainly been there done that without the dramas of flying a car, nor did I wake up with a freaking tattoo on my face or found my palm missing a finger!


One of the benefits in getting older is we have had time to learn from our experiences.  At thirty something, I have to accept the fact that my ability to drink is in direct proportion to my age. The older I get, the less fortitude I have in coping with the consequences of an all-nighter and the longer my healing process takes.

I was reminded of this in excruciating fashion not too long ago where I needed some hilarious photos and friend's narration to fill me in.  I just have to keep reminding myself to drink moderately and that there won't be a next.  When you really think about it, the act of drinking alcohol is actually completely absurd.  And we say that every time we have hangovers, don't we?

I mean what sane person would spend outrageous amount of money to put a poison in their body knowing that they will feel absolutely crap after doing so? 

We must be morons - if we can't get ourselves out of that frivolity.



No comments: