Wednesday 2 March 2011

Keeping Track of Things


2011 is well underway and let's face it, I am sure most people have shamefully fallen off the bandwagon when it comes to their New Year’s resolutions (myself included).

I have been keeping a diary for years and I derive absolute joy just flipping it every now and then and refer to what I did this time last year or the year before.  Which is all good.  



Today, I am thinking of start tracking things like eating habits, exercise regime, holiday patterns and painstakingly - expenses, so I can get more aware of the reality of the situation. 

With the dismal month of February now behind us,
March is hopefully going to give us more hope of a Spring kind of beginning in creating lasting habits or accomplishing some short- and long-term goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The things that I can faithfully track now are Expenses, Exercise Regime, Daily Weight.

What makes it all possible? iPhone Apps. To be able to track these, it has to be convenient. Tried tracking expenses on PC, failed because I might not turn on on weekends. So tracking via phone is best. It's with me all the time, including bedtime.

I just discovered today that the last time I exercised (excluding my ski trips) was on 16-Jan!!!! Goodness. No wonder I'm fat. I only discovered this when I try to record that I swam today :-) Yeah, a pat on the shoulder.