Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Art Of War


I was actually aiming for some travel books in the travels section of the bookstore and not sure what happened there, I wandered off and found myself landed in the self-help section! 

I am never a great fan of the "Chicken soup for the soul" thing, in fact, I can't help but feel rather sad whenever I step anywhere close to those shelves, an area I usually avoid.   

"What am I doing here", I asked myself.  Then I saw someone waving at me.

You can't believe it. He was Sun Tzu!  



He must have got lost just like me - how did the wise man land his feet in the self-help section I don't know but at the end, it was me who rescued this great philosopher from the pathetic land.  I bought and brought him home with me.  


“Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.”

No wonder he waved at me - I possess neither. Who is the real rescuer we are talking about here?  



One man's trash, has just become another's treasure.  

1 comment:

B said...

"Know your enemy, know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster"