Friday 29 January 2010

What I called Great Customer Service

 
Background:
I was supposed to go to REP via HAN.  I turned up at the gate 30 minutes before departure, only to be notified that the plane will be 2 hours delayed, which meant I will miss my connecting flight.  

Great customer service means thinking ahead standing on the customer's shoes, and before anyone could react - provide the victim with a viable solution.

Solution provided:  
  • Re-routed HKG - SGN - REP, upgraded to Business
  • Free flow of cocktail Mimosa, Champagne, OJ, coffee
  • Luggage happily waiting for me at REP

In Return: 
The satisfied customer (who obviously had a few drinks) took the effort and appraised the team with excellence in customer service. 



1 comment:

BY said...

Wow! That is so wonderful. Totally opposite of my experience with United Air and Delta Air.

You missed out the most important details - which airline is this?