Monday 25 January 2010

The Authentic Tram #120

I was finally able to catch this tram, right in front of a historical landmark - The Pawn!

 
My special love about this tram is that it is the only tram in Hong Kong still maintaining the original 1950s' double-deck design.

The cabin of this oldest running tram is varnished with its original light-green colour, topped with advertisements at the time.

Next time, I must target to hop on one, so I can take pics of its teak-lined windows and rattan seats inside.


1 comment:

BY said...

I like it that you post this photo in sepia tone. I think it brings out the 50s' and it feels really nostalgic. I didn't notice the trams in HK are of different designs. I shall open my eyes bigger now... I must have been blinded by my fringe in the past. LOL.