Saturday 27 October 2007

Time For A Splendid Barbecue


Autumn is now in full swing and I think it's time to fire up the grill and show my family and friends I am capable of accomplishing great feats before their very eyes.

In Hong Kong, there exists many different options to host a weekend BBQ party. One can choose from enjoying it in hotels, ranging from the classy type of $500 per head in The Peninsula or a modest $168 in Novotel Hotel, Tung Chung.


To me, barbecuing is more than spending a couple of hours on a weekend afternoon, cooking a few ribs over a 600-degree flame, or even...setting your mashmallow on fire. It is about an opportunity to sit in front of the pit and mingle with those you care to share your TLC with (be it totally burnt, partially smoked, or best of all, finger lickin' good).

I personally much prefer going to those public pits in Shek O or Aberdeen Country Park and on this pic you see here, is a raw demonstration of a do-it-yourself wire-up learnt from scout training. Impressive stuff, huh? Wait till I tell you what went on there before you start getting jealous.

Garlic & Herb King Prawns, Balsamic Salmon, Spicy Swordfish, Scallops on White Wine and Rosemary Lamb Shoulders, are merely a handful of delightful examples.

Right Dudes, are you with me? Let's start planning for a BBQ party shall we?


No comments: