Monday 29 October 2007

In Faith Go Forward


"In Faith Go Forward", is our school's motto. I had absolutely no idea what it meant when I was in school, but now I do. This is exactly what I want to remind a friend of mine, who probably won't be reading this for the time being, but just in case she does.

Every now and then along our journey, we encounter failures, bankruptcy, rejections, and people mock and ridicule you. However, everyone of those experiences along our journey is meant to teach us something, and help us propel forward.

Each time we feel depressed, it's a sign to remind ourselves of why we're doing what we're doing, to further reinforce the drive in us that keeps us going.

Each time we encounter an obstacle, it's a test to see how bad we want it and how smart we are in figuring out what to learn from it.

Each time we are ridiculed from friends and family for following our dream, it's a test to see how firm our foundation is and presenting an opportunity to reinforce our belief.

I realised if one focuses too much on getting to the end goal, one will misinterpret all the things that happen along one's journey. We'll become frustrated because the end goal we so desperately want to achieve is not coming as quickly as we would like it to.

I know I kinda of sounded like your grandma talking, but I've learnt so much lately that I really want to share with all my dear friends and in particular, my dearest sister.

I want to yell at them, and keep reminding myself to
step back, breathe and realize that everything is part of our journey. It may not be to our likings, but we've got to appreciate and be thankful for it. The mistakes, the setbacks, the lessons learned, are all meant to fortify us and it is meant to be since inception. Meaningless trying to avoid them, cuz we can't.

No comments: