Wednesday 24 October 2007

Evan Almighty Taught Me What To Pray For


Wanted to watch Evan Almighty in cinema when it was on but didn't quite manage. Get to catch it on a plane journey recently and not only it was quite a funny and unobjectionable mainstream movie suited for long haul flights, it taught me the technique of praying.


In one particularly poignant exchange between Almight God (Morgan Freeman) and Evan, God asks him if he thinks when you pray and ask God for patience, if God gives you patience, or puts you in a situation where you learn patience.

If someone asks for courage, does God give them courage or give them an opportunity where they can become courageous?

Does God give you family togetherness, or does he put you in a position where you pull together as a family?


I thought these observations were right on the money, and probably flashes something to even the Christian viewing public has perhaps, not even thought of.

From time to time, I have my doubts on whether god is indeed listening to my prayers. May be I should think harder on the lines above to improve my odds of getting what I wanted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep praying, practise makes perfect.