Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Various Friendship Kinds


Have you ever think of the many different types of friends we can have. 

There are those who you deal with only on a professional level where professional and business etiquette must be practiced.

There are those party friends who you would immediately think of when you want some bit of fun and that they are great to be hanging out with.

There will always be some which seem to have a solution for just about everything...Some zen friends who are permanently non-stress, do you have some of those?

Some, you would only think of when your bank balance is fast depleting and you needed someone to pay your dinner bills.  Then on the other hand, there will be some who will only pop up when they want to ask you for some favours. 

Some are hard to catch, they are almost always never there when you called but then you haven't quite given up on them just yet.

There are of course some buddies whom you grow old with, that you know each other so well that you can share the most intimate hair (I meant fears) and sentiments with.

There are also those special kinds that you think of from time to time, but never have the gut to pick up the phone and call.  Whose voices you so long to hear, opportunity presents itself every now and then but you just never quite grasp the chances on time for a meet up.  

Some, how ever distant they are, they will never be forgotten. 


To me, friendship is a relationship where both individuals can have a great time together, with whom there are less ego fights, with whom I can have open conversations, and who will prove loyal.  

No one is perfect, including me, and so no relationship can ever be perfect.  And, to tell you the truth, I’m pretty weird,  so it would be highly unlikely that I can meet my exact duplicate on this earth! 

So I took a moment to appreciate all my friends, no matter which way they come to me, or how long they stay. We only get to stick around on this earth a short while so...make the most of it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would buy you dinner any time girl! I would even do your day job if you needed. All rounder friendships are hard to find but so awesome to have!

Aud said...

wow...i am flattered.

Anonymous said...

thank you Audrey! Another piece that makes me think and reflect! ;)