Friday 1 August 2008

Mummy 3

Imagine Jet Li defeated by Brendan Fraser in a hand to hand combat.

Well, this was what happened in Mummies 3 - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

I have seen the first 2 Mummy films before and so I wasn't expecting too much for the third film of the series. To make a difference in the 3rd one, I gathered the director tried to throw in everything that they have got and hope it worked.

So what have we got? We have Yetis, we have an ancient Chinese emperor played by Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh as a witch. A setting in the Himalayas, Shangri La, England and Shanghai in the 1940’s. Wrapped with the mandatory special effects and English humour all over it.

I personally think the mix worked quite well, accept for 1 thing.

I miss Rachel Weisz as the plucky librarian/adventurer. Can anyone tell me why isn't she returning to reprise that role?


No comments: