Sunday 24 August 2008

London's 8-minute Slot

While Beijing relied on vast numbers of participants to impress audiences in the Beijing Olympic Games, London used fame and pop culture in their 8-minute slot to fusion into the closing ceremony - heralding the start of the four-year countdown to theirs.


The child of London gave a football to David Beckham, who then kicked the ball to those Great Britain athletes gathered in the stadium.

Honestly, I had no idea what that meant in that instance.

I then searched online just now and found out this actually symbolized the power of sports to unite the world and the importance of sports for young people, a central theme of the London 2012 Games.


Was it only me? Did you guys get that, cuz I didn't quite.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the bus was the only iconic thing to be honest!!! Well, we'll have to see what this "fun" Olympics means in 4 years time!