Thursday 14 August 2008

Boring, Mystifying and Soporific - Not


The words "Boring", "Mystifying" and "Soporific" spotted in headline news in the past days could signify the Olympic Equestrian Games currently hosting in Hong Kong hasn't got what it takes to persuade local spectators to hang around till the very end.

For me, I don't know anything about the trotting, passage, piaffe, pirouettes and what not. Nonetheless, I do utterly respect the trainers who teach horses to do Ballet dancing or make them to do Tai-chi!

To show support for my home city hosting its first ever Olympic event as part of the 2008 Beijing Olympic, I decided I'd bid a ticket online and go enjoy a live game in Dressage.

One facet of the jewel in dressage has to be the harmony presented between the horse and the rider. It is that harmony which has kept me wide awake throughout the evening.

Ultimately, I'd say last night's dressage was the most gloriously enjoyable Grand Prix I've ever watched. It's like witnessing beautiful living sculptures dancing, conquering space and defying time.

The only downside was: I now need to sort out more than 600 shots taken in that 4 hours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very good......