Monday 12 May 2008

My present to Mom at Mothers Day

It wasn't the flight ticket for a weekend in Shanghai nor was it a dinner in a posh restaurant this year.

I came to realize nothing compares to a simple family get-together and a flash back of an appreciation in life. The warmth that these gatherings generate are priceless and can get you through the coldest winters and the toughest days.

Thinking about the earthquake that has destroyed tens of thousands of families in mainland China, reunion for them could never happen ever again.


My present to mother is just to let her know that I am grateful for her proper up-bringing which led me to become who I am today. In return, I have demonstrated trustworthiness, great independence and uphold integrity in mind throughout the years. With that, I can be off-loaded from her heavy shoulders of responsibilities so she has 1 less member of the family to worry about.

I want her to be proud of that, because I am.

Some day, not for long, I hope my sister and father can say the same to my mom too.

No comments: