Tuesday 25 October 2011

Interesting Auto-Replies


I know I have not been blogging in the last few weeks and people are getting tired of seeing my auto-reply with my extended absence.  I have just got to say that I also get to read some pretty interesting auto-replies lately.   



A colleague responded to my email with an auto-reply that says something in the tune of: 


“I’m traveling to xyz and I’m not available to answer your message at the mo. Don’t be offended as I am not even reading mail from my family members!”

Classic.



In my very humble opinion, this is just not acceptable.  I mean, what could these people possibly be doing that necessitates ignoring their family members like that?  What's more, it was just plain stupid outlying the fact to the recipients your lower than low prioritising skills, isn't it?

Family members are only with us for a short time on earth.  It’s a cliché.  

Somehow people just don’t get it.  


At the end of your life, will you regret not working more or not being there for your loved ones more?



No comments: