Sunday 9 October 2011

Are You Blessed Today?



I woke up on this special morning - (numerically special because it is 9/10/11) having more health than illness, I thought to myself: I am more blessed than the many who will not survive this week.   I mean I can find food in the refrigerator, roof overhead, a comfortable place to sleep last night. 

I also have money in the bank and in my wallet, got a job, my parents are still alive and with those, I am considered very rare - in the United States.  I am rich in fact.

Let's just say you can hold up your head with a smile on your face and greet your neighbours good day, you are blessed because the majority can, but most just will not do it.

I am not saying all this because I am on vacation and feeling great.  I am thankful because I can have the opportunity to sit back on this thanksgiving day in Canada and translate that thought into words.  The fact that you can read this now, you are more blessed than over the two billion people in the world that cannot.

If I am saying anything at all...be thankful always and have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Audrey! We are blessed to have you as a friend! ;)