Saturday 31 October 2009

Music Simmers & Bathes in Moonlight

I bought the movie tickets a month ago, fearing its hit smashing the box office.

The day came and as I watched Michael Jackson's This Is It, I can't help but find my toes constantly tapping to every beat and my head nodding to his grooves.  I had the urge to clap at the end of every song rehearsed but have to remind myself I was actually sitting in a cinema!  It's sort of mixed feelings really. 

It's fascinating to watch Michael Jackson controlled every nuance of the performance, from the dancers' cues to details in the music that a layperson like me would never notice.

The most interesting part has to be the words he used to describe things: music simmers and bathes in moonlight.

Even though I'd probably never go to see Michael Jackson in concert, I can see that the show would have thrilled and amazed fans, and that this film will be one way for them to experience just a bit of what could have been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still feeling so sad that the Legend has gone! He is the only one who can create everything, music, dance, effect....all together as a performance, the details in everything that make the whole concert stunning! The King of Pop ....Respect! Wanna go back to watch it again!