Tuesday 20 October 2009

Change The World


Only recently, I realised if I can raise the spirits of just one person for a few hours, I can consider changed the world.

Because of my action, this person might go on to encourage and raise the spirits of someone else, thus setting up a chain reaction. There's no knowing where this might lead, but I imagine the world will have changed for the better.



Michael Jackson once said something about changing the world we are living in,


"We're Here to Stimulate, Eliminate And Congregate,
Illuminate
We Are Here To Change The World"

Eric Clapton wrote a song about it too

"If I could reach the stars I'd pull one down for you
Shine it on my heart so you could see the truth

That this love I have inside is everything it seems

But for now I find it's only in my dreams
"

I guess when these great writers wrote these songs, they didn't mean we can all change the entire world forever so there be problem free everywhere. They knew this is impossible to achieve overnight, but...let it not be the mother of procrastination or our inaction.

Think about this, what you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever but in its place is something you left behind.

So...let it be something good - even the smallest change is a change worth making.

No comments: