Thursday 1 January 2009

A Year In Review

The world in 2008 has been reeling from what claimed to be the worst economic crisis in 75 years. Alright...

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008, it is also a year dedicated to:


International Year of Planet Earth,
Year of Languages,
Year of The Potato,
Year of Sanitation and
Year of the Frog

Fair enough.

Despite of a painful sum of total asset vanished into vapour, the cruel fact has miraculously changed my valuation system from half empty to half full. I am continuously hopeful that opportunities still lie all around, which really is a self-realisation of no pain no gain - a blessing indeed.

It has never been clear since birth which direction in life is most promising for me, but in 2008 I found it incredibly difficult to choose and prioritise between the things to focus on. If I have to choose 1 thing, writing on my blog has somewhat seem to be a girl of my own heart.

Coincidentally, this post happens to be the 100th in 2008 on alampy. With over 3000 page views accumulated, that averages out to about 30 views per post. I never expect any reviews or comments on anything I wrote , but readers let me know that stuff I wrote are inspiring and they are becoming an alampy regular. For that, I will give myself a little pat on the back and thanks to those who encouraged me to write. Well done alampy!!


Lost about half a stone over the year compared to the peak, which was rather out of the blue. Guess I need to give credit to the weekly badminton regime and the guys who keep hitting me. Might find my way back into some tennis in 2009 and I have identified someone who will teach me R&B if I am feeling groovy. You see, I am lacking focus again!


It's been a year since my best friend departed this world and I have managed to keep my cool - Too cool in times, friends have even expressed concern whether that could be suicidal. I still question god on the "why" and therefore, not much luck plunging into Christianity as yet but well, who knows when he will come banging on my doorstep and I might just let him in one day.

Wedding bells are still yards and miles away - did not meet no billionaire on the cruise that's why. Will keep investing on the Lottery though, might prove to be a better return on my investment.

2009 is definitely going to be a year to focus on even fewer things, and I should really kick ass on those.

It is the year to pull my act together.

1 comment:

mE! said...

You have more views than your counter shows you. I, for one, read your blog through RSS feeds so my views aren't counted. Great work. Keep it up.