Monday 14 April 2008

Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

It was an important and nervous match for both clubs at Old Trafford yesterday, which incented me to watch it live with my dad, also a fun way to spend his birthday too, I thought why not? However, my dinner ended at 1030pm, and we ordered a heavy supper at 11pm wasn't the ideal, really.

Man Utd didn't play well despite, I would say they won marginally by sheer luck as Arsenal had solid defence and saw some aggressive attacks from time to time. None from United!

Midfielder Owen Hargreaves' superb free-kick did bring the team alive, I was so glad it was Hargreaves who did it and not Ronaldo. Giggs could have joined the match earlier to put some formatting into the team, but instead he came in at 89 minutes for a spin on the right wing and that was it.

After yesterday's match at Old Trafford, Arsenal is now trailing 9 points behind the red devils, Man Utd 6 points clear of Chelsea. If Utd now win their next Premier League game at Blackburn then it raises the possibility that Sir Alex Ferg's side can wrap up the title when they travel to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea on 26 April. However, for Wenger (and Debbie my friend) there is only a profound sense of loss after what had looked such a promising season for his young team all but fizzled out completely, especially given his side had been knocked out of the Champions League by Liverpool in midweek.

Debbie my friend, I think I can declare totally victory now, and don't cry!

No comments: