Monday 21 April 2008

Just For The Sound Of It


I went out to play my first round of the summer 9-hole yesterday (and really for only like the first time in about 2 years). I took a look at my aunt's driver and I'm like, holy shit, that thing makes Big Bertha look like Mini Bertha and my own set just looks so prehistoric!

So, my aunt allowed me to indulge and I gave it a few cracks. Not only is the driver gigantic, it's super-lite and incredibly balanced and forgiving at off-centre. I hit fairway on about 5 out of 8 drives and the "ting" sound from each of them was just too fantastic. Not only that, I'm pretty sure those were farther than I've ever hit a golf ball in my life and that felt soooooo good.

Man, how are these things legal, when sweet spot on mine is about the size of a dime! Don't you just love the technology and R&D in it?

No comments: