Monday 7 April 2008

Ask Me About London


People used to ask me where to dine, what to do, where to go in London as I was termed the "Brits Fanatic".

Well, not any more as I came to realise I have not visited the city for the last couple of years and things have changed.

Good to learn the change is for the better though.

My friend who just returned from the city last week, gave me these virtues:

"Wonderful weather throughout the week, my rain gear was quite an nuisance."

"The Underground and subways are so nice & clean, well maintained and no rats!"

"Far too many foreigners, I didn't come across no Queen's language at all."


I said, what?
Are you sure that's London you went?
Nonetheless, something has to remain intact.

"Nothing is non-expensive out there."

"English Food is crap apart from Fish & Chips, chocolate and Jacket potatoes."

"High Street shops still close by 5:30pm."


"It's the pubs, monuments, parks, museums, art galleries, musicals theatres and the historic remains which shape the attractions for London and make it unique."

Chop chop...let's go to London. Anyone wanna join me?




No comments: