Monday 24 December 2007

Silent Night

Time flies and I can't believe Christmas Day is tomorrow, which means tonight is Silent night.

Did you know that the original lyrics for the famous carol "Silent Night" is in German, "Stille Nacht", written by Joseph Mohr and melody composed by Franz X. Gruber?

I have picked this acoustic version of the song and I wish to dedicate this to my dear friend, Alda in Vancouver, and her beloved Ginny & Figaro. I chose this version for 1) the snoopy and woodstock attracted my attention 2) because the music to Silent Night was intended for a guitar to go with the simple score, made in time for the midnight mass then.

Simple is always the best I believe and I wish to take this opportunity to wish you a happy festive season and a fruitful year ahead!




No comments: