Wednesday 22 February 2012

Just Like It Used To Be


We can get attached to people, things and places, you know...the tangible stuff. 

One can also get attached to feelings too if you care to admit.  

I do.  I would deliberately take a journey down memory lane and revisit places where I once belong, just to recollect.  I went back to a frequently-visited coffee house near my old office today, in search of something, a feeling rather.

It has been ages since I last stepped feet there - a spot where I used to watch people, hear politics talking, a station for reminiscing and bonding during my lunch hour get-away.  And today, I went back to purposefully look for Francis - the shop manager - whom we have become friends after a friendly bash regarding their appalling services years ago.

Good old Francis still remembers my name despite my sudden disappearance without bidding farewell.  Delighted to see me, I was welcomed from afar as soon as I approached the counter.  Not only did the lovely drink smells of wondrous gold and prepared just how I wanted it, a complimentary cake was thrown in for us mortals as well.


The lunch hour stretched long into the next hour without me noticing.  As if time has stood still.  

Everything is just like it used to be, but only better!  


No comments: