Monday 2 June 2008

If I Vanish From The Earth

For those who know me, they know I am from Mars, I don't really belong on Earth.

For those who really know me, they would have heard me say many times, if I died one day and rot in the house, I don't think anyone will come to notice for at least a few days.


Most probably, my boss would be the first to get suspicious after leaving me dozens of unanswered phone calls and unreturned voicemails on day 1. Obviously, I couldn't have shown up at work on day 2 either, nor did I call in sick on day 3.

Would my family know? Well, according to the logic above, my boss will try to find out from HR on day 3 if I have indeed left them an emergency number which is buried somewhere in my employee record, if so, my boss can then contact my family. If I have given them a false number at the first place (never quite get to cross check that all these years), then - sorry no luck...might delay another day or two to find my rotten corpse.

I wonder if anyone would care if I vanish from this time in space - for 5 days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... I might notice after a few days when I dont see any new post on your blog :)

Anonymous said...

How could you vanish without anyone noticing? I'm sure I'll be the first one to know!!! No doubt on that. Needless to try....