Tuesday 18 March 2008

A Pair of Palatable Hiking Shoes

I decided to go hiking in order to welcome the Spring season and the first thing this requires, is in search for suitable footwear for the pastime.

In the past 2 days, I have visited all the leading brands for weather-wear such as Timberland and Columbia and I found nothing to my likings.

I have great hesitation in investing a pair of hiking boots, as like all hiking boots, they are heavy, dull and very ugly. The fact that the pair can't be engaged in any other sports except hiking - is most imperative.

Here comes my final pick - The Bandolier II by Nike

A great priced, lightweight, hiking shoes (not boots). It claims to offer exceptional protection and support for outdoor activities and the waterproof and highly breathable GORE-TEX® XCR® lining provides comfort and protection, by keeping water out while allowing sweat vapor to easily escape.

All the things I wanted plus more. The
Atom Red colour - goes with my golf wear too, what a bonus I thought.
Sounds just too good to be true isn't it.

Hiking shoes can be palatable afterall.

No comments: