Monday 11 February 2008

God Explained In A Taxi Ride


Author Paul Arden was responsible for some of Britain's most successful advertising campaigns and now he writes really useful, well designed books.

This is precisely a comic book that you can just flip through in a ride, presented in Arden's trademark visual style, he investigates and examines our relationship to the divine.

In it he says something like, "we can't easily believe things that we cannot fathom" (which to me is a fair statement).

"Yet if we can, then that's not what you called Faith" which I totally agree as well.

He also says, the answer is like blowing in the wind, you can always feel the wind but you can never see or touch it - just like god and just like faith.

An intriging little read that made me scratch my head. The book performed magic - it shut me up and now I stop asking "why".

1 comment:

Siufaye said...

only for a day... you stop ask "why?" haha